Molycop has a range of services that are focused on increasing customer productivity and reducing cost for the key mineral processing assets of our customer’s existing mines.
In a competitive market, increasing productivity and lowering operating costs are critical for our customers. Our experienced technical service team can provide a range of services and training to assist you to optimise your mineral processing operations.
- Milling circuit flow analysis and optimisation
- Grinding media sizing
- Flotation simulation and optimisation
- Ore sampling and ore abrasion analysis
- Grinding media performance assessment
- Modified SPI determination
- Molycop Tools training for operators
- Mill liner profile analysis using DEM
Molycop has a range of services tailored to the needs of new mine projects. We understand the complexities of mine start-ups, from commissioning critical mining equipment and circuits to estimating key operating parameters for estimation and budgeting purposes.
From ore sampling to estimating grinding media demand and optimized sizing, our experienced technical services team are here to provide their expertise.
- Ore sampling and ore abrasion index analysis
- Determining optimal grinding media sizing and type
- Grinding media consumption estimation
- Evaluation of mill liner design and mill charge motion
- Operator training – Molycop Tools software and modules
- Grinding media and reagent transport storage and handling
- Evaluation of Mill operational parameters using DEM simulations
Molycop offers a full complement of mineral analysis services for gold, platinum group metals, lead, zinc, rare earth, nickel, copper, and lithium commodities, among others.
We’re continually developing new methods and techniques, creating new equipment and technologies, and rethinking how mineral analysis is performed. We offer our clients a wide range of services along with personalised service and prompt turnaround times.
How can we help?
We understand the mine life cycle and work closely with clients to ensure that an asset is developed sensibly. We use our global team of experts to help our clients protect, enhance and create value throughout the lifetime of investments and operations.
Our services include:
- Resource Optimisation (grade control, ore block optimisation, drill-hole/sampling optimisation)
- Geotechnical assessments; open pit and underground
- Metallurgical Assessment and Process Review
- Operational Improvements and Expansions
- Mine Water Modelling & Management
Molycop Tools© 3.0 is a set of 63 easy-to-use EXCEL spreadsheets designed to help process engineers characterize and evaluate the operating efficiency of any given grinding circuit, following standardized methodologies and widely accepted evaluation criteria. Molycop Tools incorporates a full set of digital simulators for conventional and semiautogenous grinding applications with the corresponding mass balance and parameter estimation routines; plus complementary spreadsheets regarding Bond’s Law calculations, grinding media ‘algebra’ and other useful utility functions.
Molycop Tools incorporates a full set of digital simulators for conventional and semiautogenous grinding applications with the corresponding mass balance and parameter estimation routines; plus complementary spreadsheets regarding Bond’s Law calculations, grinding media ‘algebra’ and other useful utility functions.
What types of Milling Assets are Covered?
- Conventional Ball mills
- Semiautogenous mills (SAG)
- High Pressure Grinding Rolls (HPGR’s)
- Rod millsVertical mills
How Can it Help Me?
This software package provides a suite of spreadsheet based programmes established to support the Plant Metallurgist in their role to optimise their milling operation.
- Analyse the optimal sized grinding media based on the grinding task and mill circuit
- Flowsheet development and mass balancing models
- Ball mill and cyclone simulations
- SAG mill flowsheet optimisation
- Grinding media wear estimators
Molycop has a range of Molycop Tools courses designed on competency levels:
An introductory course for users with no or basic understanding of the software. The course is open to the general public and is offered in different locations globally. Please click here for more information on course availability and locations
Advanced Users Course
This course is for users that have completed the Introductory Course and are seeking more advanced levels of understanding of the software and its application.
We can also provide tailored in-house training courses for customers that would like to tailor the course content and simulation exercises to meet their specific needs and abilities of their users. These courses can be arranged by contacting your Moly-Cop Commercial representative