Moly-Cop has a range of services that are focused on increasing customer productivity and reducing cost for the key mineral processing assets of our customer’s existing mines.
In a competitive market, increasing productivity and lowering operating costs are critical for our customers. Our experienced technical service team can provide a range of services and training to assist you to optimise your mineral processing operations.
- Grinding circuit flow analysis and optimisation
- Grinding media sizing
- Flotation simulation and optimisation
- Ore sampling and ore abrasion analysis
- Grinding media performance assessment (Marked Ball Wear Testing)
- Modified SPI determination
- Moly-Cop Tools training for operators
- Mill Circuit Debottlenecking using DEM simulations
Moly-Cop has a range of services tailored to the needs of new mine projects. We understand the complexities of mine start-ups, from commissioning critical mining equipment and circuits to estimating key operating parameters for estimation and budgeting purposes.
From ore sampling to estimating grinding media demand and optimized sizing, our experienced technical services team are here to provide their expertise.
- Ore sampling and ore abrasion index analysis
- Determining optimal grinding media sizing and type
- Grinding media consumption estimation
- Evaluation of mill liner design and mill charge motion
- Operator training – Moly-Cop Tools software and modules
- Grinding media and reagent transport storage and handling
- Evaluation of operational parameters using DEM simulations
Moly-Cop Tools© 3.0 is a set of 63 easy-to-use EXCEL spreadsheets designed to help process engineers characterize and evaluate the operating efficiency of any given grinding circuit, following standardized methodologies and widely accepted evaluation criteria. Moly-Cop Tools incorporates a full set of digital simulators for conventional and semiautogenous grinding applications with the corresponding mass balance and parameter estimation routines; plus complementary spreadsheets regarding Bond’s Law calculations, grinding media ‘algebra’ and other useful utility functions.
Moly-Cop Tools incorporates a full set of digital simulators for conventional and semiautogenous grinding applications with the corresponding mass balance and parameter estimation routines; plus complementary spreadsheets regarding Bond’s Law calculations, grinding media ‘algebra’ and other useful utility functions.
What types of Milling Assets are Covered?
- Conventional Ball mills
- Semiautogenous mills (SAG)
- High Pressure Grinding Rolls (HPGR’s)
- Rod millsVertical mills
How Can it Help Me?
This software package provides a suite of spreadsheet based programmes established to support the Plant Metallurgist in their role to optimise their milling operation.
- Analyse the optimal sized grinding media based on the grinding task and mill circuit
- Flowsheet development and mass balancing models
- Ball mill and cyclone simulations
- SAG mill flowsheet optimisation
- Grinding media wear estimators
Molycop has a range of Molycop Tools courses designed on competency levels:
An introductory course for users with no or basic understanding of the software. The course is open to the general public and is offered in different locations globally. Please click here for more information on course availability and locations
Advanced Users Course
This course is for users that have completed the Introductory Course and are seeking more advanced levels of understanding of the software and its application.
We can also provide tailored in-house training courses for customers that would like to tailor the course content and simulation exercises to meet their specific needs and abilities of their users. These courses can be arranged by contacting your Moly-Cop Commercial representative